The HIC Abnormal Movement Service, gathers a medical team made up of professionals in Neurology, Abnormal Movements, Functional Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Neuropsychology and Neurophysiology basal ganglia, to provide comprehensive and updated care to patients with high complexity movement disorders. Our medical team has formal training in medical centers of recognized international prestige and unparalleled expertise, offering the latest medical and surgical advances for the well-being of patients with diseases such as Parkinson, dystonia and tremor.
Our professionals work in an integrated way, considering the clinical, emotional and social aspects of their patients, offering them the best therapeutic alternatives to improve their quality of life.
- Dr. Mauricio Rueda Acevedo
- Dr. José Libardo Bastidas
- Dr. Jorge Castellanos Prada
- Abnormal Movement Consultation
- Functional Neurosurgery Consultation
- Levodopa test
- Neuropsychological evaluation for patients candidates for Functional Neurosurgery
- Medical Board of Abnormal Movements
- Implantation of deep brain stimulation electrodes with Intraoperative Neurophysiology
- Deep brain electrodes programming
- Programming review of deep electrodes
- Application of botulinum toxin
- Deep brain damage by radiofrequency
- Removal of intracerebral electrode, extension and pulse generator