The Hospital International Hospital de Colombia - HIC is located in a comfortable and easily accessible area of the Metropolitan Area of Bucaramanga, in the middle of a natural environment of more than 240,000 square meters, at Km 7 Highway between the city of Bucaramanga and Piedecuesta, Menzulí Valley. It has easy access through different types of private or public transport, as well as a parking lot with a large capacity for parking, covered and safe.
The HIC is designed in its interior to provide the best and most convenient experience of comfort and convenience to all its patients, the facilities have modern spaces, wide and different leisure areas for its visitors.
The Patient Experience Office of the Hospital Internacional de Colombia - HIC provides all patients and their families with the following services
- We provide permanent accompaniment to all our patients and/or their families by managing all their needs and concerns; we also know their perception of the service through satisfaction surveys and other customer voice channels.
- We provide information on the rights and duties of patients and information on the hospital guide to ensure a safe and comfortable stay for both the patient and the caregiver.
- We offer psychological and psychiatric support at the time that the patient or their families require it.
- We provide guidance on the use of services and support the procedures related to government authorities, consulates and embassies.
- We support the family through the Management of the Civil Registry of Birth that allows to speed up the affiliation to the health system of the newborn and the Registry of Death, our institution has an agreement with the National Registry of Colombia, and they have the system SIRCWEB, that allows the access and answer online for this type of proceedings.
- We have the Chapel "San Juan Pablo II" open to the public 24 hours a day, located on the first floor of the HIC next to the Auditorium, as well as a chaplain who visits the different services, praying and offering communion to those who wish to do so. Likewise, we help to contact a spiritual leader when the patient or his family requests it.
- Parents' School: we offer educational and entertaining spaces for parents and family members of our patients through sessions held weekly, where various topics of general interest are discussed.
- We have a main public circulation axis that runs through our hospitals inviting to develop independence between services and providing greater comfort to the patient. Within this axis are areas such as waiting rooms, public bathrooms, cafeterias and information. At the same time, our facilities also have an axis of private assistance circulation that connects the whole building, giving an ideal integrality in the operation of our hospitals.
- Luggage service from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday / Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Solutions 1010 Helpline for inpatient requirements.
- We offer the possibility of receiving free room and board for patients and caregivers who come from other cities or regions of the country and require our support during their care process; this help is managed in collaboration with the Fundación Montañas Azules de la FCV. http://www.montanasazules.com/
- We contribute to the schooling of our pediatric patients through pedagogical work in the HIC Aula Hospitalaria, located on the ninth floor, where we develop various recreational and academic activities with the aim of providing the best experience during their stay in the institution.