With the Preadmission Service at Hospital Internacional de Colombia - HIC we seek to offer the best attention in health, by facilitating the registration of patients whose medical specialties require surgical procedures, such as: General Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Urology, Bariatric Surgery, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Vascular Surgery, Pneumology, Gastroenterology, among others.
In the first visit to our service, he or she will be asked for some data and the following documents will be reviewed, so it is important that they are taken into account at the time of the consultation to avoid inconveniences:
- Medical order for the procedure.
- Informed consent for surgery from your treating physician. (This should be given to you on the day you are ordered to have the procedure).
- Originals identity documents and insurance card (if you have one).
- The original authorization of the service issued by your EPS or your current Prepaid Medicine.
- Cancel the deductible or co-payment issued in your service authorization.
- Pre-surgical tests you have been previously ordered, as: X-Rays, Clinical Laboratory Tests, Electrocardiograms, Ultrasounds, Magnetic Resonances Images, Echocardiograms, CT scans, among others.
At this visit we will inform the patient of the date and time of their appointment for anesthesiology assessment and the tentative date of surgery.
The second visit refers to the day of the surgery, this is done to get important previous information to be able to perform the surgical procedure. On this day you will be assessed by our medical staff to be admitted later to surgery rooms.
For this day it is very important for to keep in mind:
- If requires hospitalization after his/her surgery, he/she should have for his/her comfort personal hygiene items, pajamas (according to days of hospitalization) and slippers.
- If does not require hospitalization after his surgery, he should only have a bag with toiletries he may require and comfortable clothing.
- Please note that you can only attend with a maximum of 2 accompanying persons, who must be of legal age.
If you have any concerns they should contact us at: 639 3936 or email email@example.com during our business hours from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.