The Intensive and Intermediate Care Units of the International Hospital of Colombia have technical staff and specialized human talent which provides a service of surveillance and special care to potentially critical patients, providing proper management in intensive medicine with the highest quality standards and international safety protocols for the welfare of the patients and their family members.
The institution has the experience and technological innovation to attend in a timely manner to patients who arrive at the Hospital, placing them in exclusive areas according to their risk level. The Care Units are divided into Adult and Intermediate Care ICUs, Pediatric ICUs and Intermediate Care Units led by medical specialists in intensive medicine that together with a medical team and permanent support assistance provide a high complexity of quality services.
What makes us different?
- The patient can be accompanied by a relative 24 hours a day, every day. This facilitates rapid recovery and greater well-being for the patient and their family members.
- Individual items that allow for the privacy of each patient.
- Procedures guided by ultrasound.
- Teams trained in dialysis and passing special catheters to avoid multipuncturing the patient.
- Team of chief nurses with specialization in Critical Care, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Phono-audiological Therapy for patients.
- Medical specialists in Intensive Care supported by general practitioners.
- Luminescent nursing system with visual and auditory clinical alarms for the call stations and a special bell for resuscitation requirements.
- Follow-up of international policies with quality standards in care for patient safety.